What is Product Liability?
Thousands of consumers in the United States are injured each year as result of dangerous defective products. We represent injured consumers against companies that place defective and dangerous products into the stream of commerce and into the hands of a consumer.
What are some types of product defects?
The law recognizes three categories of product defect:
- Design Defects – defects in the design of the product that makes it inherently unsafe for use.
- Manufacturing Defects – defects created during the manufacturing or assembly process altering the product from its original design in a way that makes it dangerous for use.
- Marketing Defects or (failure to warn)- defects or flaws in the way a product is marketed, such as improper labeling, insufficient instructions, or inadequate or insufficient safety warnings or failure to warn of potential risks or hazardous related to the use of the product.
What types of products could be defective?
Almost any type of product you purchase can fall into the categories above. Defects can be found in:
- Home appliances
- Cars and trucks
- Industrial equipment
- Building materials
- Any food product
- Power tools
- Medical devices (hip implants, knee implants, hearth pumps, breast implants)
- Pharmaceuticals (over the counter and prescription drugs)
- Recreational and sports products
What types of injuries can caused by defective product?
Injuries reported by the United Stated Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) include:
- Loss of a limb
- Brain injuries
- Pediatric injuries and illnesses
- Birth defects
- Major organ damage
- Head trauma
- Spinal cord damage
Have you been injured by defective product?
If you believe you have been injured by a defective or dangerous product, please call our firm for a free consultation. Our mission is to get you justice and compensation.